Sunday, March 1, 2009

Kind Living of the Day - Quantum Leap Restaurant in NYC















Rakel from the restaurant Quantum Leap in Greenwich Village in NYC wins the Kind Living award of the day. Quantum Leap is located at 226C Thompson St. New York, NY 10012 (phone: (212) 677-8050) and serves delicious vegan food!

I had dined here about a year ago. That day I had purchased a beautiful painting for my apartment at a street fair in the West Village and I asked our waitress at the time if she would mind putting it behind the counter as there really wasn't room for it near our table. A few days later I realized I had forgotten to take the painting with me when I left. I called the restaurant and they told me to come by anytime to get it. Then I got busy and time passed and well, I just never went back! Fast forward to today - Sunday March 1, 2009. I was dining there again when I remembered the painting. Not expecting them to have it - I asked Rakel, who was working there this evening if she would check and see if my "art" was still in the basement. I told her it was a painting but I could not at all remember what it looked like. She said she would call someone and let me know. Later as I dined she came walking over with this really cool painting and presented it to me expectantly. I glared at it not knowing if it was my painting or not. I sat staring at it waiting for something to pop out of my memory. Then I asked her to turn it sideways and saw two eyes looking back at me and there it was - my painting! I remembered it and not only that, I remembered how much I loved it.

I am so grateful to Rakel for getting the painting for me and for Quantum Leap for holding on to this painting for me for almost a full year! This was a wonderful kind moment! This is the painting in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment