Saturday, February 7, 2009

New Veggie/Vegan Restaurants in the Boston area

There are two new restaurants in the Boston area that I am aware of but if anyone knows of others, please let me know! I have only tried VegNaturals so I would appreciate any feedback on Grezzo.


  • Veg Naturals
    264 Washington St.
    Malden, Ma 02148
    (781) 388-0990
    www.vejnaturals.com

    This is a delicious homemade style vegan restaurant/cafe run by a former chef of Wild Oats and his wife - a whole foods/organic/vegan advocate and all around wonderful person. I took my best friend here and we were served delicious and abundant vegan food. This is comfort food for vegans! One thing to note is that the restaurant is really small, I mean really small (think small cafe) so if you plan on bringing several people with you may be in trouble as the seating is very limited. Veg Naturals does, however, have special event dinners where it rents out a space nearby so check for these on their website. They also offer a wonderful takeout service and have amazing seasonal offerings for special holiday events. Atmosphere is very casual and boasts a down to earth vegan crowd.
    Special Event: Check out their
    Mardi Gras dinner on Tuesday February 24th from 5-9. Their Fat Tuesday menu looks delectable!! www.vejnaturals.com/special_events
  • Grezzo
    65 Prince St
    Boston, Ma 02113
    (857) 362-7288
    www.grezzorestaurant.com

    I have never been to Grezzo but from the photos on the website it looks fabulous. The food here is Raw Vegan. Please check out their website and see how delicious the food looks! I have limited experience with raw food but when it looks this good, I'm all for it. I hope that those of you who have been to Grezzo will write in and tell us about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment